Firing up my new kiln!!!

It's been almost a year since we moved into the new school. I had this empty kiln room for six months and then my kiln arrived! The vent was installed, the electricity set up, and clay delivered. It was time to start the first clay project. I decided to make "Pocket Pots" with the fourth graders. This was my first time teaching a clay project with 100 students. The pots made it through the bisque firing but I had to call an electrician in to redo the wiring because the kiln could not reach glaze temperatures. Once we get that fixed I will be moving on to clay projects with the third grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment